Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More freewriting-on homeschooling

Sorry if it doesn't make much sense!!! :)

Home schooling

I have been home school for a number of years. 10 to be exact. I'm not home schooled any more. I go to college. Well actually I just finished college. I preferred being home schooled it was a lot more fun and I didn't have to get up as early. Anyhow what else? well I think that home schooling is a great thing. It allows you to do all sorts of things that schooled kids don't get to do. For example music, lots of music and going out in the middle of the day to the shops (not that I did that often but I’m rallying my thoughts to think of something better without stopping) going to museums. My mum and little sisters went to the museum yesterday. Apparently it was fun. They got to mummify somebody. (Not a real person I presume) anyhow that was a bit off topic. Home schooling allows you to be more involved in your church. You can go to midday things for example funerals and weddings of the people in the church and you can visit people who are sick when no one else has time. You can also go on holiday when no one else is about which is quite cool because then you don't get stuck in traffic. Or in a queue to the places you want to visit. Home schooling is also good because it lets you grow in strength in the Lord before you are pushed into the world. Unlike school educated kids who get pushed into the world at three years old (not literally, it's what ever that other word is that I can’t think of right now) I know people say that it stops you witnessing when your young in school. But actually it doesn't really. As someone said you never pull someone up from sin, they pull you down. That’s what school does, it gradually make you more like itself. I admit that we should all be salt and light but we don't do that by expecting a three year old to stand the tide of an ungodly school but by gradually introducing them to the world, its temptations and what is good. Home schooling also makes you closer as a family it lets you learn together and you spend all your time together, your also not dependent on the company of other people outside you family.

1 comment:

James said...

"Home schooling is also good because it lets you grow in strength in the Lord before you are pushed into the world."

Great!