Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's been on my conscience recently that I hardly ever blog anything about myself. The reason for this being that ...

A)I can't be bothered
B)Linked to the above, it takes more time than copying and pasting some other cool thing from the internet
C)I have a boring life, and would bore anyone to death who read my blog if they were reading about my life

However I am of course assuming I have readers of my blog, but to my knowledge almost all of them see me regulaly and therefore know about my life anyway.

Anyway for those of you who do want to know about my life, here is my excerpt from our family newsletter.


- For the past year and four months I have been studying the BTEC in Early Years (childcare) at our local FE college. This course has done little for me except convince me that working with large numbers of children is not for me. I am personally of the opinion that I am too nice a person, because while the children think I am cool they never do what I tell them to do. I think that perhaps I should work on some kind of reverse psychology and get them to do things by telling them not to do it. Anyhow having changed my mind about this I am in the predicament of having tied in my options as to what I can do instead. I am thinking of doing radiography but the university want an A level in a science subject, so I may be subjected to another year or two of Deeside college before I can pursue this course. However on another topic I have joined the Flintshire Youth choir and orchestra, this is very enjoyable. The orchestra is a lot harder than the choir; at present I am terribly pleased if I even just play the first and the last note at the same time as everyone else. Having said which the first is usually ok, but the last is far more challenging; I usually finish a few bars in front or behind everyone else. Its a good job other people cover my mistakes.
During the summer months I did a number of weeks on UBM, it was great!! Lots of people got converted (to Christianity, just thought I'd clear that up before I go any further) and I played the accordion, which is also terribly enjoyable although I have a tendency to play too fast and all the old ladies on the prom were turning blue.
Oh and one more thing, more of a warning than anything else. I have started driving lessons, and I really love it, especially when I go fast. My motto is keep death off the roads: so I drive on the pavements. There is one small problem though in that I am kind of too short for the car.

No comments: